LAK Real Estate Oy will have Finland’s largest hotel ensemble built into their ownership at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. The hotel project is part of the comprehensive airport development work in which LAK participates strongly. Managing Director of LAK Tommi Vaisalo says the hotel project is one of the major development projects currently underway by the company.
– We are building an entirely new airport city in the Aviapolis area. The construction of retail, office and residential spaces is commencing on top of the southern entrance of Aviapolis railway station. This new hotel project will rise right next to the airport terminal to serve air passengers and conference guests, thereby greatly supporting the overall development of the airport area, Vaisalo says.
The new hotel project will become by far the largest in Finland. The 13-storey hotel ensemble with over 700 rooms has two different and mutually complementing concepts. The hotel also offers large-scale conference services which the airport area has been lacking so far. The top floor will house a Sky Bar not only for the hotel guests. There is an indoor passage connection to the airport terminal and the railway station below.
– This is a considerable project even on the national scale. Aviapolis is one of Finland’s fastest growing workplace areas where the new conference hotel will contribute to the area development by offering quality accommodation and conference rooms also to the demands of international business activity, Chairman of the Board of LAK Mikko Räsänen says
– It is great to have a world-class hotel at Helsinki-Vantaa to complement the service offering of the airport and support the airport development as a significant European air traffic hub, Managing Director Kimmo Mäki of Finavia says.
The company chosen as the new hotel operator is Nordic Choice Hotels. The planning of the hotel project started in 2018. Vaisala states that co-operation negotiations were held with several parties, but the strong brands and competence of Nordic Choice Hotels were convincing.
– The planning was conditioned from the start by having two different concepts for the new hotel project to offer the widest possible choice of services to the different target groups. Nordic Choice has also developed conference activity at the Arlanda airport with great success.
– We have really fallen in love with Finland and Helsinki. To Nordic Choice Hotels, this is an exciting journey which has just started. These hotels will fit perfectly into our vision of exceeding people’s expectations. And by adding something new to the market, I am certain this will be another successful expansion of our products in the Finnish market, Petter Stordalen, founder of Nordic Choice Hotels, states.
The lease agreement of the hotel was signed today. The construction will start next year, and the target is to open the hotel in 2023. The total construction budget will exceed € 120 million.
LAK REAL ESTATE OY
LAK Real Estate is a property development company operating in the airport environment which owns, manages and leases offices and logistical facilities to the varying demands of business life in the Helsinki-Vantaa airport area.
Tommi Vaisalo, LAK, +358 50 366 9352
Daniel Stenbäck, Nordic Choice Hotels, +46701616806
Photographs related to the project: www.lak.fi/medialle
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?